MAP - Multichannel Audio Processor
You are here: Products -> Hardware -> MAP
MAP DSP module integrates a powerful Blackfin BF533 digital signal processor with multi-channel analog and digital audio input and output capabilities. MAP includes 8 low noise input and output analog channels, standard USB audio interface, PCM interface, high-speed UART, RS-232, and a number of general PIOs.
MAP can be powered by an external power supply as well as via the standard USB connection.
MAP is a universal, programmable audio DSP product that can be used in a verity of applications including, but not limited to:
- Multi-microphone audio/video conferencing;
- Intercom systems
- Advanced automotive solutions
- Microphone array development
- Development of sound boards
Figure 1. Multichannel Audio Processor (MAP)
Alango has developed a large portfolio of speech and audio processing algorithms running on MAP platform:
- Dual and multi-microphone array technologies supporting a variety of microphone array geometries
- Distributed acoustic echo cancellation
- Line echo cancellation
- Multi-channel noise suppression
- Automatic gain control
- Dynamic range compressor
- EasyListen™ slowing down speech in real time
- Automatic, noise depended loudspeaker volume and equalization
- MuRefiner™ – set of music enhancement technologies (stereo normalization and enhancement, bass corrector, spectral compander)
- Mono-to-stereo conversion
MAP is the native environment for demonstration, evaluation, testing, and application of these algorithms.
MAP also can be used as a convenient development platform for third party algorithms and software development.
MAP Interface board (MAPI) facilitates MAP evaluation and software development. MAPI provides convenient physical connection to all MAP analog and digital inputs and outputs. Additionally, MAPI optionally integrates a powerful, stereo class-D amplifier allowing direct connection of loudspeakers.
MAP feature summary
- ADSP BF533 Blackfin processor
- 600 MHz (1200MIPS)
- 64+16KB bytes instruction memory (16K is the optional cash)
- 32+32KB bytes data memory (32K is the optional cash)
- 4KB bytes scratch memory
- Synchronous Dynamic Random Access Memory (SDRAM)
- Serial Flash memory
Inputs and outputs
- 8 low noise input analog channels
- Sampling frequency: 8 – 96KHz
- 16-32 bit resolution
- analog input gain (0 – 54 dB)
- electret microphone bias voltage
- MEMS microphone power supply
- 8 low noise output analog channels
- Sampling frequency: 8 – 96KHz)
- 16-32 bit resolution
- variable output gains (-63.5 – 0dB)
- Stereo USB audio interface. MAP is recognized as a standard USB audio device
- RS-232 interface (for board control, firmware update and other)
- Fast UART (one-way) for audio signal logging (debugging and audio tuning)
- PCM interface (digital audio communication with other devices)
- 20 General PIOs
- 4 push buttons
- 4 LEDs
- 8 DIP switches (for software configuration)
Optional hardware configuration
MAP functionality often exceeds functionality required by a specific customer. For example, a specific conferencing system may support only up to 3 microphones thus using 4 MAP input channels. For these cases, special, cost effective MAP versions can be manufactured by not installing redundant components. This will reduce the associated MAP power consumption.
MAP Interface (MAPI) board
MAP Interface board (MAPI) facilitates MAP evaluation and software development. MAPI provides convenient physical connection to all MAP analog and digital inputs and outputs. Optionally, MAPI integrates a powerful, stereo class-D amplifier allowing direct connection of loudspeakers and providing 2x15 Watts power.
Figure 2. MAP Interface board
MAP module sits on top of MAPI board. Figure 2 illustrates the concept showing both modules. All connectors are clearly marked on MAPI and referenced below.
Each of eight analog MAP inputs has a separate 3.5mm connector.
Six audio outputs are combined in pairs at stereo connectors. The last two audio outputs are connected to individual 3.5mm female jacks forming mono outputs.
Additionally, MAPI integrates the standard USB, RS232 and power supply connectors.
Figure 3. MAP on its interface board
MAP System Manual >>
More information is available upon request.
go back to the Solutions page.